Year One: 2021-2022
– Organize Micro Communities for entire Firewise community with leaders.
– Establish home hardening 5 feet around houses and structures.
– Define fire break areas.
– Collaborate with neighbors in your Micro Community (clear 10 feet on private roads).
– Install address signs on homes and driveways.
– Determine evacuation plan (shelter in place vs evacuation).
– Identify emergency exit routes other than north or south on NRG.
Year Two: 2022-2023
– Discuss plan to voluntarily improve driveway access and water supply.
– Set up MURS (Multi-Use Radio Service) -to-ham communication between all Micro Community leaders.
– Remove dead and dying fuels within 30 feet of homes and structures.
– Collaborate with neighbors to reduce hazardous vegetation within 10 feet on private roads.
– Install road signage and improve access on narrow private roads.
– Coordinate with Cal Fire and Central Fire to improve fire breaks.
Year Three: 2023-2024
– Encourage all Micro Community leaders to become CERT certified.
– Improve access to driveways and water supplies.
– Remove dead and dying fuels within 100 feet of homes and structures.
– Collaborate to clear 10 feet on private roads for easier fire and EMS vehicle access.
– Increase cooperation with Cal Fire and Central Fire to improve fire breaks.